We got some good work done on the Arduino curing chamber controller last night.
Initially we had built it with 4 individual relays, but had accidentally snapped a leg off one of them, rendering it useless, so we replaced the individual relays with a great new board. It has 4x240V relays built onto the board itself, check it out:
You can see that it has LEDs on to indicate which of the 4 relays are active, but we wanted it to control the front panel LEDs instead, so we de-soldered them from the board, soldered some new pins onto it, and then wired them up:
Here it is all wired up to the mains, and running a test program which cycles through all the relays in turn – I’m pretty damn excited now!
The remaining tasklist is as follows:
- Fix the front panel and the lid on the enclosure (the lid is already laser cut)
- Write the software (!)
- Make some epic cured meats
I’m planning on running this in tandem with my other curing chamber controller, at least initially, just to see how it behaves, and to fine tune the software before using it in anger.